Free Meals To Anyone Wanting a Little Helping Hand
We are delighted to announce that we are able to launch our FREE MEALS service thanks to National Lottery Awards for all grant of £9975. Thanks to National Lottery players for your support to the needy in our community in this difficult time.
Our FREE MEALS offer is available from 1st to 28th June 2020 on referral from our partner organisations and also by request.
Sometimes the hardest thing for us all to do is to receive a little helping hand from time to time.
It’s not a sign of weakness but strength because we all need a helping hand at some point in our lives.
We are all in this together and we are coming together to try and help in some small way. The sharing of what we have with others is what binds communities together and makes them stronger.
With that in mind we are offering free meals to those in need for 4 weeks from 1st June 2020 to 28th June 2020.
This had been funded by National Lottery Awards for All Grant. Thanks to National Lottery players for your support.
Would you like to volunteer to help? Just click here and fill in the form.
Here is the menu for week 1st to 7th June 2020.
Mon – Vegetable biryani
Tue – Minced beef and vegetable hotpot
Wed – Creamy tomato pasta bake
Thur – Lentil soup, fruit crumble with custard
Fri – Sweet and sour chicken and rice
Sat – Sausages in onion gravy, mash and peas
Sun – Bacon and cheese stuffed potato skins
The food is being provided by Better Buffets in Dunfermline.
Food provided by Better Buffets in Dunfermline.
Food will be provided cold for re-heating in your own homes.
Food Collection or Delivery
You can collect your meal from the 3 pick up areas below:
1. Outside the Vine Church, 131 Garvock Hill, Dunfermline
2. Table outside Touch children’s park in centre of Touch.
3. Woodmill High School Front Car Park
Food can be collected between
2:30 and 3:30 pm.
Can I have a meal delivered to my house?
We would prefer if you are able and healthy to collect your meal from the zones above. If you are unable, can you get a friend or neighbour to do it for you? If not, we will have some volunteers who will deliver it and leave it on your doorstep.
How do I book a meal?
You book your meal for each day by clicking on Tickets below which are FREE.
Or you can phone the order hotline
07515 287 095
Or text your name and number to
07515 287 095
and someone will get back to you when available.
This is open daily from 9am to 3pm. If no one answers please leave a voicemail and someone will return your call as soon as possible.
Health and Safety
To ensure the protection of yourself and our volunteers we ask you to respect and follow the following guidance from the Scottish government. Keep a 2m social distancing at all times and wear a facemask when collecting meals as recommended by Scottish government (a home made face mask is fine)
Good hygiene practices to help prevent spread Coronavirus
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds.
- Use alcohol based hand rub where available if no access to soap and water.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid direct contact with people that have a respiratory illness wherever possible.
- Avoid using personal items (e.g. mobile phone) of people that have a respiratory illness wherever possible.
- Cover the nose and mouth with a disposable tissue when sneezing, coughing, wiping and blowing the nose. Dispose of all used tissues promptly into a waste bin. If you don’t have any tissues available, cough and sneeze into the crook of the elbow. Wash or use alcohol based hand rub to clean hands at the first opportunity.