Free Meals To Anyone Wanting a Little Helping Hand
We are delighted to announce that we are able to continue our FREE MEALS service thanks to National Lottery Awards for all grant of £9975 and due to generous donations from other businesses and foundations also. Thanks to National Lottery players for your support to the needy in our community in this difficult time.
Our FREE MEALS offer is available through to February on referral from our partner organisations and also by request.
Sometimes the hardest thing for us all to do is to receive a little helping hand from time to time.
It’s not a sign of weakness but strength because we all need a helping hand at some point in our lives.
We are all in this together and we are coming together to try and help in some small way. The sharing of what we have with others is what binds communities together and makes them stronger.
With that in mind we are offering free meals to those in need for 4 weeks from January 13 2021.
This had been funded by National Lottery Awards for All Grant. Thanks to National Lottery players for your support.
Would you like to volunteer to help? Just click here and fill in the form.
Here is a sample menu:
Mince/Quorn and veg with potatoes
Chinese vegetable noodles
Tomato and vegetable pasta
Sausage casserole and Yorkshire puddings
Sweet and sour chicken with rice
The food is being provided by Better Buffets in Dunfermline.
Food provided by Better Buffets in Dunfermline.
Food will be provided cold for re-heating in your own homes.
Food Collection or Delivery
You can collect your meal from the pick up area below:
Outside the Vine Church, 131 Garvock Hill, Dunfermline
Food can be collected between
1:30 to 2:00 pm
Can I have a meal delivered to my house?
We would prefer if you are able and healthy to collect your meal from the zones above. If you are unable, can you get a friend or neighbour to do it for you? If not, we will have some volunteers who will deliver it and leave it on your doorstep.
How do I book a meal?
You book your meal for each day by clicking on Tickets below which are FREE.
Or you can phone the order hotline
Or text your name and number to
and someone will get back to you when available.
This is open Monday- Friday from 9am to 1pm. If no one answers please leave a voicemail and someone will return your call as soon as possible.
Health and Safety
To ensure the protection of yourself and our volunteers we ask you to respect and follow the following guidance from the Scottish government. Keep a 2m social distancing at all times and wear a facemask when collecting meals as recommended by Scottish government (a home made face mask is fine)
Good hygiene practices to help prevent spread Coronavirus
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds.
- Use alcohol based hand rub where available if no access to soap and water.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid direct contact with people that have a respiratory illness wherever possible.
- Avoid using personal items (e.g. mobile phone) of people that have a respiratory illness wherever possible.
- Cover the nose and mouth with a disposable tissue when sneezing, coughing, wiping and blowing the nose. Dispose of all used tissues promptly into a waste bin. If you don’t have any tissues available, cough and sneeze into the crook of the elbow. Wash or use alcohol based hand rub to clean hands at the first opportunity.
Our FREE MEALS service would not be possible without the generous financial support from a number of people, groups, businesses, churches and charities. We would like to say a massive thank you to the following for your kindness and support;
- Corra Foundation
- Stephen’s the Bakers
- Babcock International
- St Margaret’s Parish Church
- St Leonards Parish Church
- Viewfield Baptist Church
- ATAG Heating Technology
- Harvest Contracts
- Mary Leishman Foundation
- Douglas Chapman MP
- T & F Properties
- The National lottery Community Award Fund
- Faith Community Scotland
- Dunfermline Free Church
- Foundation Scotland Community Response & Recovery Fund
- King’s Fellowship Fife
- Dunfermline Rotary Club